The 27th was window day! We installed the remaining windows (one was already in from the previous day) and took the rest of the afternoon off. Honestly I was apprehensive about putting in windows myself based on some comments I’d seen on other blogs, but its’s not hard at all. It helped that these are new construction so they had nailing flanges on…I highly recommend that! We used more super flashing, popped them in, put the flashing around all sides, then tapped to our hearts’ content.
The next day was pretty short since we just put up some blocking. This is really just some more 2x4s cut to size and nailed up under the roof overhang. The soffits will be nailed to these blocks so it’ll all look nice and clean when you’re standing underneath and looking up at the finished roof. Happily, I was able to use a few pieces of wood from the pallets I’ve dismantled. Aside from some extra nails in them, they’re just like any new 2x4s you’d buy.